My sister wanted an “Undress” like mine and I finally got it done. I used the New Look 6291. There is so much ease in this dress that I used size 8. This time I was careful to use a scant 3/8 inch seam allowance for the top and so was able to fit the 1 inch elastic instead of having to use 3/4 inch elastic. Because I wanted to give her the ability to adjust it, I actually followed directions and made a casing for the waist.
I did double the front bodice portion to give a little more substance to the front. I shortened the bodice an additional inch. I also lowered the side slits. I also made it longer so that it is a maxi dress.
I used the Bernina #66 foot for the hem which is a 6mm hemmer.