In November, I attended a “Word Pictures” workshop given by Timothy Botts. I have always been interested in how to turn my calligraphy into art. This was my project that I completed that day. The lettering was done with a Speedball C-1, gouache, and Holbein pearl gold.
I don’t think that I will get my Style Arc Kate dress complete before Christmas. Here are a few pictures so far with unfinished sleeves and hem.
Since it is lightweight jersey from fabric.com, I’m planning on shortening the sleeves. I don’t think it was the best weight for a wrap dress, but I will still wear it. It fits pretty well but it seems that the side seam slit was a little lower than it should have been. I wish the skirt was just a little fuller since it would help give the illusion of a waist. I should have added width to the waistline. I used a size 6 pattern and shortened the dress by 3.5 inches. This is the first time I have used a Style Arc pattern. Seam allowance is 1/4 inch except for the neckline which is 3/8 inch.
I used Vilene bias tape and elastic tape along the neckline. I also finished the skirt portion similar to a DVF wrap dress. I added a strip of tricot interfacing and to the edges. Then I opened it up and stitched the sash as shown below.
Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!