Yep, I joined the hundreds of people who have made this dress. It turned out great! The instructions were easy to follow. I chose to do View A with short sleeves.
After reading the reviews on patternreview.com that the bodice was short, I decided to leave the bodice unaltered, because I am barely 5’1″ and it hit my waist just about right. I agreed that the skirt seemed too full. The jersey knit that I was using was pretty heavy so I took some of the flare out.
I do not have much of a waist, so at the side seams I went from size 10 at the armscye to size 12 at the waist. I then went from size 12 at the waist to size 8 at the hem to reduce flare. I then bisected the pie shaped back skirt piece (I folded the outside seam to meet the center seam and used the fold as cut line), cut up to the waistline, then overlapped it and removed 1 1/2 inches in width from the hem. I did the same to front skirt by bisecting from the center fold to the side seam, cutting along that line and removing 1 1/2 inches from the hem. I made a perpendicular clip to the waistline from the top so that it would lay flat. I also shortened the skirt along the hem by 4 1/4 inches.
I got the jersey knit from fabric.com and this was the first time I have sewn with knit fabric. I could not tell the direction of the grain. I finally gave up and decided to go with the direction of the print in relation to the selvage. I figured at least I was going to be consistent. I used masking tape to mark “grain line” and then put the pattern piece over and aligned the grain line marking with it.
Came together easily. It did get thick and bulky where the ties were located. I chose to do a blind stitch on the hem and sleeves instead of hand sewing. The facings continued to show even after I tacked down at the shoulder, so I topstitched 3/8 inch from edge of neckline which did help. Next time, I might do a bias binding instead.